Game Domestic Economy
Our game economies are separated from the DAO tokenomy. GameFi previous experiments proved that mixing game economies with project financials tend to abuse both parties the players and stakeholders. So we designed economies to have a separation of concerns.
Each game has its own unique-tailored in-game economy that serves the core gameplay without introducing stakeholders friction to the equation while also saving players' earnings from greedy malicious traders. Encounter addresses economic inflation with its unique approach of using a sophisticated and multi-step crafting process using concepts such as Dutch Auctions and Ores Refining. Revenue is collected through a system fee of 4% on spaceship manufacturing and royalties from secondary market reselling. FinalCypher sustainability comes from the demand for immersive experiences through cosmetics and customizability during gameplay. Revenue is generated through BattlePass purchases and in-game cosmetic sales. DAO governance tokens are not involved in either Encounter or FinalCypher in-game economy or gameplay, and will not be involved in such a way in any of Station0x games.
Current P2E games suffer a set of problems during both the upside and downside movement of in-game tokens:
- Upside Movement (usually during bull markets):
- Decrease game accessibility due to high paywalls
- Favoring bump schemes over players' in-game holdings.
- Downside Movement (usually during bear markets):
- Rapid exits (dumping)
- In-game assets value dilution accompanied by player base disruption
The in-game economy should only reflect the current true status of game popularity and reach. It should only reflect true utility in the game, with minimal to no speculative value added to the equation. Nevertheless to say, to free the accessibility altogether from the tokens price by introducing free access with no required purchases but cosmetics.
Station Zero X game domestic economies should be:
- Speculation-Utility equilibrated. With no sudden highly-disruptive speculative value, all speculative value should instead be funneled to the governance token.
- Meritocratic. To avoid aggregation of in-game capital in the hands of non-players.